H.O. Fitness - News and Advice
The insight to the hormone estrogen
Quote " Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals".... James Naismith
7Day Detox April start Monday 8th April, detox those chocolate away, few extra pounds and get ready Spring....
April 4 -Week BootCamp --- Spring is in the air 3rd to the 26th April
First Week Wednesday 3rd, Thursday 4th and Friday 5th,
Then we are Monday Wed & Friday as normal for the reminder of the month.
If you can't brave the early mornings then "On-Line 28Day - Drop A Dress Size" start 8th April.. Full details on website
Trevarno Organic Skincare Range,
I've spent the last 6-8 months researching and searching for an affordable Organic skincare range, I'm happy to be on board with "Trevarno Organics skincare" range..., You might ask why am I getting into skincare, well it's all connected to fatloss, health and wellbeing and as you know I'm well into that, in a big way..Estrogen dominance in products will affect your fatloss journey, health and well being. I have been using these products for over 18months... I have attached full details in a file, products line, benefits of the products and their properties but please e-mail me for any other information...
So putting hormones and skincare together..... this is the basis for my Article. We're talking "The hormone Estrogen" .... High on my reading list is this book by Patrick Holford, " Balance your Hormones", which I'm reading at the moment. A great inside to hormone balance through foods and the elements, excellent read for men and women.
1. Estrogen is produced by the ovaries
2. 3 main types of estrogen ( good and bad)
a) Natural - (Good) Phytoestrogens, occur naturally in common plant based foods and herbs. Fresh green veggie, fresh plant based herbs . The more of this natural phytoestrogen we eat the better, this is the way forward.
b) Synthetic - (Bad) Xenoestrogens found in the air, synthetic forms of an industrial derivatives, soy, plastics, tap water, pills, pesticides, larger and yeast products. Industrial waste products, car exhaust fumes, cleaning products, furniture, carpets- we live indoor every day...... soaps, lotions,penabens, shampoos, skincare and perfumes. Over time the daily exposure will cause chronic problems, arthritic & pre-menopausal, deasises etc.
c) Those produced by fungi are known as mycestrogens - Fungi...
3. Eat loads of green veggie, it binds to the estrogen to help get rid of toxins
4. The body don't want estrogens but it naturally produces it... it's a catch 22 situation...!!
5. The lower body is much more receptive for estrogen , holding fat stores around the love handles, hips & butt area.
6. Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin (SHBG) binds to estrogen , SHBG is produced mainly in the liver.
SHBG has both enhancing and inhibiting hormonal influences. It decreases with high levels of insulin, growth hormone.
SHBG is made during sleep, that's why sleep by 10.30 pm is important has hormones re-balance between 22.00pm and 02.00am (anybody on my plans are shut-eye by 10.30pm), SHBG effect fatloss...
7. Studies show that forms of soy products increases estrogen and increase of breast cancer.
8. Strategies to using to help deal with estrogen
Do a Detox (get rid of the toxins)
Eat loads of green veggie - kale, spinach, watercress, broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower, asparagus, cabbage, peas, purple sprouting broccoli, leeks, (courgette, marrow, peppers - watch the acidity of these nightshades-shinny skinned veggie)
Staying super hydrated 3 litres per day (min), remove toxins
Drink green tea -caffeine free , (organic if possible - great antioxidant properties)
Have 3 meals a day & IF Intermittent Fasting (17hours - fasting is all to do with resting the liver and hormones re-balance, bringing you off the insulin roller coaster)
DIM - Diindolylmethane - DIM is a great supplement that has been proven to help normalize and improve estrogen metabolism.*
Research indicates that DIM may:*
- Normalize and improve estrogen metabolism
- Help with hormone balance
What is DIM?
Di-Indolyl Methane (DIM) is a phytonutrient and plant indole found in cruciferous vegetables including broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower and kale, with potential antiandrogenic and antineoplastic activities. So by eating the right foods you can do this.
What does DIM do?
DIM is a great supplement that has been proven to help normalize and improve estrogen metabolism. This supplement is very important for men and women over the age of 40. To support its effectiveness you need diet, exercise, and other supplements. When incorporating DIM into your regular diet and exercise program it can help estrogen and testosterone play a part in good physical conditioning. DIM also helps to better your metabolism by working with and adjusting your hormones for healthy hormonal imbalance.
Take a good quality probotic - for gut and immune system health
9. Exercise. - example....cardio - Spin classes aren't the best either, especially if you are estrogen dominant,(store fat hips/butt/love handles) all you will do is get the hormone receptors on high alert to store more fat in this area. Energy/glycogen is stored in working muscles and the liver. Hormones are in the bodies transport systems. Now think about this, you are asking for more work from your legs, yes?, more and more, adding sprints, hill climbs, in and out of the saddle, plateau, adding more resistance etc, etc, you keep asking for more work from the legs (hips- butt-love handles area -lower body)(remember our body is a kinetic chain), the energy is being using from this area, as well as your hormones, so your using the energy and asking for more all the time...........................Have you ever seen a cyclist with skinny quads/thighs?, they're massive, think back to the Olympics last year, Sir Chris Hoy bulging thighs are 27inches, 4inches more that Victoria Beckham's waist.. somebody mentioned that to me recently.... check it out on the web,.......
(the amounts of classes, duration, intensity will have an effect on the results)
Swimming - cardio- swimmers, massive shoulders, their shoulders are their work engines.... (upper body work engines)
Skiing - cardio -Skiers - Massive quads/hamstrings (lower body receptors), they train, train, train their legs
Remember this article is about hormone estrogen
10. Eat fresh herbs
11. The foods you eat will affect the female cycle regarding hormones, especially the hormones estrogens days 1-14 and progesterone 15-28, (moods, energy levels, the type of workouts you should do in the 1-14 & 15-28 would be different, cravings).
I highly recommend Patrick Holford book, also 9Day Liver Detox is a great read.........
Staying fit & healthy